Improving Our School
Improving Our School
The current Senior Leadership Team took over the running of the school in September 2017. Since that time, the staff have worked together to help improve Primrose Hill.
Success from 2018 include:
• Increased Early Years figures.
• Increased Y1 phonics scores
• Increased KS1 percentages
• Increased KS2 percentages (the improvement here was superb!)
• Increased Attendance rates
• Reduced number of latecomers
• Improved behaviour
• Improvements to our building and facilities
Success from 2019 include:
• Early Years GLD scores now above National Averages
• Improved progress scores in Reading, Writing and Maths at the end of KS2
• Reading progress scores above national averages for 2019 in Y6
• Strong parental support via annual questionnaires
• Y6 pupils in receipt of the Pupil Premium perform better than their peers nationally in reading, writing and maths
Feedback from parents via our parent questionnaires has been overwhelmingly positive. With your continued help and support we will achieve even greater things this year! Please keep looking at our main 'School Improvement' display at the front of the school in order to keep track of what were are currently doing and what we will be focusing on next!
Our School Improvement Plan focuses on five key areas:
1. Leadership & Management
2. Pupil Outcomes
3. The Quality of Education
4. Behaviour, Attitudes, Safety and Well-being
Each member of our Senior Leadership Team (SLT) has been tasked with the implementation and monitoring of one of these key areas. Each area of the plan is also linked to a member of our Governing Board. Progress is discussed with governors at each Governing Board meeting and with our School Improvement Partner. A large display in our school entrance area also shares with our visitors what we are focusing on for that term.
If you would like to see a visual summary of what our plan contains, please click on the relevant link located in the right hand column
How You Can Help
Parents are a school's greatest asset. You can make a huge difference to our success! Here are a few easy things you can do to support us:
1. Continue to get involved with the school in any way you can. Mr Ashton holds a special meeting each term to let you know about what is going on in the school and how well things are going. This gives you a valuable insight into what we are doing. It is also an opportunity for you to ask questions and for you to also let us know if we are heading in the right direction.
2. Come to as many Parent Drop-In Sessions and Parent Workshops as you can. These are great way of working with school.
3. Support your child at home with their learning. Please encourage them to do their homework and to read their reading book.
4. Sign up to our messaging and social media accounts. Look out for newsletters in book bags and for information posters around the school. Keeping in touch is vital!
5. Ensure that your child comes to school each day and on time.
6. Come and speak to your child's class teacher about your child's termly report. Let Mr Ashton know if you have any concerns or queries. Always remember that WE ARE A TEAM.