SEND at Primrose Hill
Use the link on the left to view our schools Local Offer Statement.
Click here for details of the Local Authority Local Offer with regards to SEND provision.
Our SENDCO is Mrs Sharon Franks. She is happy to speak to you at any time about your child and support you with any queries or concerns you have. If you do not feel that your complaint has been resolved, you should follow our schools complaints procedure which can be found here.
If you are making a complaint about our school's SEND support, you should do so whilst your child is registered with us. This includes complaints that school has not provided support required by your child's Education Health and Care Plan.
Further support services
For information, advice and support about special educational needs and disabilities and/ or matters relating to health and social care, please call SIASS (Salford Information Advice and Support Service). They are a free, dedicated, confidential and impartial service offering a single point of regular and consistent contact. They can explain how special educational needs are identified and assessed and who you should talk to. They can also tell you what your rights and responsibilities are.
Either by phone, email or in person, they can give you:
- the law on special educational needs (SEN) and disability
- statements and education, health and care plans
- personalisation and personal budgets
- the Local Offer
- managing mediation, appeals to the First-Tier Tribunal (SEN and Disability), exclusions and complaints
- special educational needs support
- special needs schools and other settings
- gathering, understanding and interpreting information and applying it to your own situation
- where to go for additional support locally or nationally, including voluntary services
- what to do when things go wrong
- arranging or attending meetings with school, college, the local authority, health/social services or other agencies
- writing letters and reports
- annual reviews of statements and education, health and care plans
- the council's processes for resolving disagreements and its complaints procedures
Contact details for SIASS are as follows:
Call 0161 778 0343/0349 or email email@example.com.